Thursday, March 29, 2007

old poem

i was reading through old journals...its good to see how God directs your life. I love looking back in my journals to see and remember what God has taught me. as i was reading through i found this poem...sometimes i can write...but not whenever i want to. when i attempt poetry i come up with stuff like this:

[7/27/03 3:39pm]
The way the World was meant to be
Is not the World that I can see
Well, that was a good first two lines but I can't think of how to continue it.
I stumble and I fall
Sometimes it's hard to see
That You're there through it all
That's not the way its supposed to be.

I feel so helpless even though
I think I'm striving toward the goal
It seems I never make progress
Is this the way its supposed to be?

So many problems I confess
Am I really doing my best?
I wish I was perfect
Sometimes I can't wait
But this is where You put me
This is where I need to be
This is where I'm supposed to be

When will I be free
From this sin entangling me?
The way has already been made
Jesus Christ, for your sins, has paid
Just make sure that your life
has at His feet been laid
This is the way life is supposed to be.

May Your forgiveness I ever remember
May it be in my heart a burning ember.
May it continually burn white hot
Controlling and keeping my every thought
This is the way life is supposed to be.

Jesus Christ hung from a tree
He rose again to set me free
Now He lives in eternity
Building there a place for me
In His presence I will be
Giving Him all the glory
This is the way life is supposed to be!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger angela said...

it is odd about time. and how we're never used to it. how it always surprises us. because we were not meant to be creatures of time. . .
heaven, here we come!

29 March, 2007 20:50  
Blogger Tim Costine said...

that's better than anything I could write. I such at writing and would never have the cahones to post my failures.

30 March, 2007 16:13  
Blogger Michelle said...

Very cool!!

05 April, 2007 05:33  

Post a Comment

<< Home