Monday, December 11, 2006

haiti, m'ap vini!


that means "Haiti, I'm coming" (at least I think i got that right).

I'm going to Haiti in 2 days to visit my sister! I'm so excited! I get to see the place she calls "home", Three Angel's Orphanage. If you haven't looked at her blog you need to: http://angelainhaiti.blogspot.com/ and the blog for the orphanage is great too! http://threeangelshaiti.blogspot.com/ And, of course the website for the orphanage itself: http://www.threeangelshaiti.org/ (Note: if you have ever considered adoption, or even if you never have, your heart will be strongly tugged by the pictures, stories, and videos that can be seen on the aforementioned webpages. A very high percentage of people who have viewed these webpages have strongly desired to adopt one or all of them!)

My sister's favorite verse is James 1:27 which says, "Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world." This is what my sister is doing! She is "visiting" and caring for and providing for orphans, "the least of these" (and also the cutest of these).

Please pray for my trip, I hope to post pictures upon my return.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How do you say, "Praise God!" in Creole?
Have a WONDERFUL trip!
We're praying for you!
Dad

12 December, 2006 08:37  
Blogger angela said...

so excited so excited so excited so excited so excited so excited (do you get the picture) so excited so excited

12 December, 2006 14:41  

Post a Comment

<< Home