Thursday, March 15, 2007

month and a half review

as i think of all that i want to say i think this will be a long blog...so i think i'm going to do it in two parts.

Part the First:

I just realized how long it has been since I wrote a real blog. Sure I posted a link to a photo album (that wasn't really my photo album) a little over a week ago, but the last time I really blogged was almost two months ago! Since I started this blog there have been only 3 months in which I have not posted anything: July '06 (the month of H206...a big event to plan), September '06 (the month I had my hernia surgery), and last month (the month of Jr High Winter camp...at which some amazing events happened, and the month of High School Winter camp: Frozen Revolution '07).

I really enjoy blogging...almost as much as I enjoy journaling.

So...to catch you up in true male style:

Jr. High Camp last month was really good and a lot of spiritual and social growth happened in the students and I hope the things that happened there continue to shape their lives.

High School Camp: Frozen Revolution, was a great time. The theme this year was "Breaking Barriers" basically between us and God and between us and others. I think a lot of barriers were broken down.

On to March...and I'll cover this trip with a little more detail. I went to the Shepherd's Conference March 7-11...here's a cool picture of the sanctuary filled with pastors thirsty to be encouraged to "preach the Word" (2 Tim. 4:2).

There were also two satellite services at two other locations on campus for overflow! I want to say there were like 4000 men there but I can't substantiate that with evidence so don't quote me. There were a lot. And getting a bunch of pastors together in that huge sanctuary and singing songs rich with theological truths about how great our God is...these guys really understand how great our God is because they preach Him week in and week out and they "study to show [themselves] approved to God" (2 Tim 3:15)...wow! It was amazing!

I was able to stay with a friend from college and his wife (Mike and Julie). It was great to be able to spend some time with them. I also saw many many friends from college and Placerita Baptist Church (the church I was a member of when I went to The Master's College) and from other churches of which I have been a part: Tim Costine, Kent Richardson, Pastor Dick Conners ...and so many others. It was a great time of encouragement, and rest and an awesome opportunity to sit under amazing teaching and get fed with spiritual meat (which is still digesting...see my next blog...coming soon).

THEN, I got to go down to Whittier and see my BEST friends Noah and Christine and their cute little son, Ezekiel. Spending time with them was amazing as always. Good times of being weird with noah, discussing spiritual things, looking at and talking about gadgets and ideas we have for the future and talking about when he gets to come up here next week 'cause his awesome wife got him a ticket to come up here to have some days to relax. We're going camping in Yosemite!

THEN I drove down to San Diego and met up with my good friend Rick Cucjen and his family. They are a missionary family living just this side of the Mexico border and working for Tecate Mission International. Rick was in charge of the interns there when I was an intern for 3 months back in Fall/Winter 2003. I got to know them well during my time there. So, I was able to spend some time hanging out with them and catching up. Then Rick and I drove to the San Diego airport, I got on a plane and Rick drove away with my truck. Well...now it's his. I got a new Honda CR-V and was able to give him my "old" truck. I figured it'd be good for my truck to be down there because my truck had been down to Mexico when I was there in 2003 and it liked it. I think it's happy to be back. Here's some pics...Rick and I and Rick's kids and I (Josh, Ben, Catherine, Natalie and Emily).


...its getting late. Part the Second to come at a later date

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful week!
Uplifting, encouraging times like that are a "Godsend".
How much do we have to be thankful for?
Praise Him!

16 March, 2007 16:32  
Blogger angela said...

oh dickie! did you hear about alice and the kids? how awesome that chris is sending noah to you! they are so amazing.

i'm really glad you got to go to shepard's conference and be encouraged! good great God!

18 March, 2007 14:55  
Blogger Elias said...

alice and the kids are doing well. didn't hear details. but did you see what he has in his hand? i mentioned Noah and he said "oh, i still have the knife he gave me." and he pulled it out of his pocket. so i took a picture. that's so cool that he still has that. noah gave it to lots of people and said "whenever you use it remember God's grace and pray for the other people who have the knife.

19 March, 2007 22:48  

Post a Comment

<< Home