Thursday, March 15, 2007

no right

...this is "Part the Second"...well this is it in its infant stages. the idea I want to share has to do with the following quote, Romans 12 and a sermon and some events that happened while I was down south at the Shepherd's Conference. this quote has taken me a long time to chew on and really grasp (and really even want to do such things myself), so i'll give this part to you so you can chew on this quote and then I'll update this post in the (hopefully near) future.

[warning: this convicted me, it might convict you as well.]

"I have this day solemnly renewed my baptismal covenant and self-dedication, which I renewed when I was received into the communion of the church. I have been before God; and have given myself, all that I am and have to God, so that I am not in any respect my own: I can challenge no right in myself, I can challenge no right in this understanding, this will, these affections that are in me; neither have I any right to this body, or any of its members: no right to this tongue, these hands, nor feet: no right to these senses, these eyes, these ears, this smell or taste. I have given myself clear away, and have not retained any thing as my own. I have been to God this morning, and told Him that I gave myself wholly to Him. I have given every power to Him; so that for the future I will challenge no right in myself, in any respect."
~Jonathan Edwards

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger angela said...

did you read this to me before? you're rigth, it's certainly challenging! but praise the Lord!

18 March, 2007 14:57  
Blogger Michelle said...

still pondering....thanks!!

19 March, 2007 07:45  
Blogger Todd said...

Dude- I have miss your sharing and deep thought provoking blogs. Thanks for putting it out there.. I too am still pondering....Glad to see you back!

28 March, 2007 21:42  
Blogger Savannah Lauren said...

Thats really powerful, thanks!

16 November, 2009 16:09  

Post a Comment

<< Home