Thursday, March 29, 2007

affluent

don't know exactly when i wrote this one. the file date says "date modified 6/8/2001"...
affluent, I wish I was
with words to express my heart
the feelings I feel
the thoughts I think

so much time passed
just a few days gone by
so many events
so many happenings
merely a memory ago

new friends, found a year ago
seem so old, as if friends for life.
new possessions, acquired recently
so soon become a part of me.

what have I learned?
what is it worth?
so much new knowledge augments my mind
but do I apply it after such a long time?

odds and ends of cryptic events
now seen in a fuller light.
pieces of my puzzle,
God prudently assembles.

it's all a blur,
nothing seems clear.
but life-changing memories have shown,
God makes all things beautiful, in His time.

I remember that I wrote it after one year in college. Ah, yes, I'm remembering it now. It was after my sophomore year. I can picture my dorm room. Almost completely emptied out. I lived in an apartment-like dorm with 4 other guys, most of whom had already left after the school year. I was very nostalgic...sitting in the room thinking about the past year...i could recall so easily the day i moved in and the first few weeks getting to know everyone. yet at the same time i could recall so many many memories from throughout the year that made it seem like such a long time. isn't it funny how time can seem so long, yet so short?

at the end of it all you can look back and see how God worked through it all, worked every part to fit together, to prudently fit them together, and to be true to His promise that He will work all things together to those that love Him and are called according to His purpose (Rom. 8:28).

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sgreat son
slmo

05 April, 2007 19:48  

Post a Comment

<< Home