Thursday, August 02, 2007

Hug a Mac

Have you hugged your Mac today? I did.

I got a call a couple days ago from a guy in our church. He asked me if I could come over and help him with his wife's computer 'cause it was acting up. She has been wanting to sell things on Ebay, but the duo of Internet Explorer and Zone Alarm were causing problems (surprisedly).

I went over there this morning and worked on it. Uninstalled Zone Alarm (horrible program in my opinion, especially for the common user who get confused by every alert that comes up and just clicks whatever button they feel might be best 'cause they have no idea what program is alerting them or what it's really saying)...installed AVG (much better anti-virus program, but still unnecessary: just get a mac). Removed every visible trace of Internet Exploder (err..explorer), downloaded Firefox (the browser of browsers no matter what OS) and set that up as her default browser. Uninstalled "MyWebSearch" and a bunch of other useless programs that change settings and slow down the computer. Showed her how to use Firefox and a bit about AVG. She said "Thank you" and as I was leaving she commented "This stuff is supposed to be easy!" I said, "Yeah, that's how they advertise it." I could have told her that it is easy...you just need to get a mac. But I didn't want to 'cause they just recently spent a bunch of money on new Dells.

Then i went home and hugged my mac. literally.

4 Comments:

Blogger angela said...

how funny, i was just thinking about you and your mac. it's a wonderous thing, isn't it?!

as a matter of fact, i think i'll hug mine right now!

03 August, 2007 21:37  
Blogger Elias said...

yep, it's great. still don't have that keyboard cover though.

04 August, 2007 00:09  
Blogger Michelle said...

Hey Elias! I just spent some time catching up on your blog. Great advertisement for Mac. I just told Jeremy the other day that I would like to have my own laptop. Mine, where nobody else can get on without my permission. AHHHHHH, doesn't that sound nice. Anyway, thanks for the 'Macercial', I'll have to keep that in mind.

08 August, 2007 09:24  
Blogger Elias said...

michelle...if you're looking for a computer that no one else will use...i wouldn't suggest getting only one mac with jeremy around. i can see him enjoying your computer too much to not play with it often. i'd suggest getting two or giving into the fact that he's gonna want to use it. they're beautiful machines.

10 August, 2007 23:05  

Post a Comment

<< Home