Saturday, October 15, 2005

warning

so...i thought it could never happen to ME. no, other people complain about it, but I wouldn't ever loose a blog or anything i just typed up. hey, i majored in computer science! computers wouldn't DARE mess with me!

oh no my fellow blog readers...it DID happen to me. i am not immune from such tragedies. i'm telling you, i was proud of this post (literally). i even thought a few times "self, you better save this post, you don't want to loose it" so i did, well kinda, you know i selected all of it and hit Ctrl+c so that it was copied onto the clipboard. that's a good enough backup, isn't it? sure, it's a good back up as long as you don't copy anything else to the clipboard! that was my fatal mistake. see, i lost it...i hit "Publish Post" and it said "the blog you are requesting cannot be found". my mouth dropped open, my breath went out of me. i thought "no matter...i'll just hit the back button and it'll be there"...no dice. hey, no prob, i had copied it to the clipboard. well sure, i had, but after that i copied something else to the clipboard. here's what showed up on my screen when i hit Ctrl-v:

dextrous

that's it, folks, that's what's left of the blog i just wrote. dextrous. that's a good thing, you know, being dextrous. though it's not quite as cool a concept as i had written about in the entire blog. though it did have the word dextrous in it.

the title of this blog is not so much regarding the possible loosing of freshly-typed-up blogs etc. instead it is a warning against praying for God to stretch and grow and mold and shape you. this is what i did a while ago and guess what? He's been testing me and putting me through trials. This loss-of-blog episode is not so big in itself, but after a long week of working nearly 40 hrs when you're only supposed to work 20 and having other things besides work seek to distract you and bring you down...a loss-of-blog might push you over the top. i was writing the aforementioned blog on our deck outside. after i lost it i closed my laptop came inside and flopped down on my bed in a depressed paroxysm. shortly after that i began laughing. that's right, laughing. real laughter containing joy and astonishment. i realized God was answering my prayer. He was bringing trials into my life to stretch me, to grow me, to shape me, to mold me, to sculpt me. I had asked for it. and He (true to His modus operandi) was answering. i can just imagine Him looking down on me, seeing my thoughts about how i would never loose my blog and how i was prideful about what i was writing up, and as I hit "Publish Post" He trans and juxtaposed some 1's and 0's and made the page show up that said "The blog you are requesting cannot be found. Return to dashboard."

"you said you wanted to grow My son. count it all joy, My son, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. and let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. don't worry about your blog, My son, especially because you were proud of it. instead worry about the development of your character. that is what I am concerned with. you should be too."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home