Friday, October 21, 2005

hardcore?

i'm amazed at hardcore music. when i first was testing it out (was interested in trying to understand the music the students listened to) i was thinking, "Ok, i'll listen to this for a while. maybe it'll grow on me 'cause that's what music usually has to do. i wonder if i'll get more angry--people do call it angry music."

but right now i'm packing for Mexico and listening to Stutterfly ("Bury Me (The Scarlet Path)") and i remembered that thought i had as i was just beginning. and then i thought, "nope, actually i've had more joy since i've started listening to this kind of music." i would definitely not attribute it completely to harder music, since my walk with Christ has been growing deeper lately. but those of you who listen would probably agree--there is a measure of glee in hardcore music.

thanks for listening...

1 Comments:

Blogger awlear said...

i'll never forget when you called me about that. you're silly. now look at you!? i was so exasperated when you asked me to try and explain what was so great about it, because i couldn't put it into words. all i kept thinking was, "i love it. it makes me happy." it gets me goin' and it keeps me at peace.

it's such a rush of emotion; it is quite delightful.

04 November, 2005 20:24  

Post a Comment

<< Home