Thursday, August 23, 2007

when i can't see

i didn't write this, but i wanted to post it anyway. it was in the March 2007 TMI Newsletter...

This poem was written by Dan Bender during the middle of the night after he learned of the Vision which Tecate Mission International (website) will be pursuing in the next five years.

The road I've traveled has passed through heartache and sorrow--
But I'll surrender these and more to Your grace,
And I'll steadily forge ahead even when I can't see.

My journey today may be easy or burdensome--
But I'll sacrifice my creature comforts and personal gain,
And I'll walk at a steady pace even when I can't see.

This path to the future grows increasingly brighter--
Notwithstanding numerous setbacks and delays,
So I'll chase the vision that's been written on my heart
even when I can't see.

Tomorrow is unknown, but with the faith that's been given--
I'll march ahead to fulfill Your plan and purpose,
For my Father knows what's best...
even when I can't see.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger angela said...

good. that's good. even if he pushes his sleeve up.

24 August, 2007 08:53  
Blogger Elias said...

haha. you can just put a magnet over his arm. :)

24 August, 2007 09:33  
Blogger angela said...

do you ever read shannon's blog?
http://pollenbasket.blogspot.com/
it's worthwhile!

24 August, 2007 20:20  
Blogger Papa YouYou said...

His-terical!

25 August, 2007 11:52  

Post a Comment

<< Home