Wednesday, April 09, 2008

tetelestai

"everybodyduck" is my favorite band, and this is one of my favorite "everybodyduck" songs ever. i really thought i had already posted it on my blog, but i searched for it earlier today and couldn't find it. so i'm posting it now. the lyrics convey very well how much God loves us...

Have you ever felt like no one really loved you
Well, Lord, these days that's just exactly how I feel
I'm just so plain next to these shining stars around me
And in my loneliness before You now I kneel

I see Your failure every morning in the mirror
confirming unkind words that I try to ignore
and I know all the sins inside that no one else sees
I feel so worthless, Lord, can't see what I'm here for

chorus:
When there's no love, I have You, Lord
before the earth was formed Your plan for me You knew
and in this day when something's worth is based on
what someone would pay
it's nice to know I'm worth one Jesus to you
it's nice to know I'm worth one Jesus to you

I can't quite understand how one like You could love me
with every sin I know I'm not a pretty sight
yet I can't count the times You wrapped Your arms around me
despite the blackness of my heart You held me tight

You knew all along that I could never buy my freedom
the price for all my sin was more than I could bear
You sent Your only Son as payment for my burden
a perfect sacrifice for all mankind to share

chorus

So when I feel this life of mine has no real value
and there's no one who'd care if I should live or die
I remember just how much You gave to have me
You paid so much for something no one else would buy.
everybodyduck
tetelestai

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Christy said...

Ok- these lyrics remind me of Vincent's words:

"Christ's love to you is most free. There is nothing in yourselves to draw and engage His love except deformity and enmity to Him, except filthiness which He loathes, and wickedness which His soul hates; these are the only motives. Whatever motive induces Christ to love you, it was not drawn from yourselves, but it was drawn from His own bowels, and will not this free love of Christ incline you to love Him?"

12 April, 2008 16:52  
Blogger Elias said...

wow...cool quote Christy. Thanks for sharing.

13 April, 2008 13:35  

Post a Comment

<< Home