Tuesday, December 04, 2007

mystery

i am amazed and stunned at the mystery of how God weaves and works and places and prods all of us in His perfect way and timing to create a world filled with sinners and saints whom He uses to bring glory to Himself...God loves turning rebels into worshipers...God loves turning sinners into saints...and He gets the glory in it all...

here in the quiet speak to me now
my ears are open to
Your gentle sweet whispering
break down the door, come inside
shine down Your bright light
i need a lamp for my feet, yeah i need a lamp for my feet

refrain
i want to hear the thunder of who You are
to be captured inside the wonder of who You are
i want to live i want to breathe
to search out Your heart and all of Your mysteries

You were the first and You’ll be the end
time cannot hold You down
so, why save a wretch like me?
no eye has seen, no ear has heard
no heart could fully know
all of Your mystery

Your glory burns in the stars
shine down your light let it burn in my heart
bring me to glory, bring me to You
Lord it’s your heart that i will hold onto

Your glory burns in the stars
shine down Your light let me know who You are
Jesus, Your glory burns in the stars
shine down Your light, let me see You, let me see You
mystery
phil wickham

Paul cries out in Philippians "I count all things to be loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them but rubbish so that I may gain Christ, and may be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own derived from the Law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which comes from God on the basis of faith, that I may know Him!"

and the Psalmist in Psalm 27 sings, "One thing I have asked from the LORD, that I shall seek:
That I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life,
To behold the beauty of the LORD
And to meditate in His temple."

O, that i, too, might KNOW Him. not simply facts and head knowledge. But a true relationship with Him. An intimate knowledge of Him. Based in truth and pervading and invading every area of my life and being. I have seen His mystery and I want to dive deeper into it. O, that my passion might be single: Christ and all He is. that i might be focused on seeking His presence, His throne, His temple. Meditating on who He is and who I was and who I am because of Him and all He has done for ......me? yes...He loves me that much! why should i not seek Him? why do i not more passionately seek and pursue Him?

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger angela said...

e, that was good! i can't wait to be spending more time with you.

05 December, 2007 05:27  
Blogger Michelle said...

Awesome!!

05 December, 2007 07:21  
Blogger Carsen said...

I love that song and those verses! They are great reminders of God's awesomeness. I pray that everyday I have that same attitude. Thanks for posting!

05 December, 2007 08:30  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen y amen!

05 December, 2007 09:37  
Blogger megan haug said...

hey, it's phil wickham! wow, awesome lyrics! i actually haven't listened to his first CD, so i hadn't heard that song before.

awesome post, Elias. that i may know Him....there is so much weight in that statement.

humm...i think it would make a great blogger name...

05 December, 2007 21:59  
Blogger Elias said...

sistre - thanks! we'll TOOL up!

michelle - thanks! praying your kids can come home soon! i loved playing with them while i was there :) (don't tell anyone, but you have some of the cutest ones there!)

carsen - thanks! you listen to phil wickham? i love the heart he puts into his songs. both lyrically and musically.

dad - sbueno!

megan - thanks! it's a good one! maybe you could get it for free?! ...thanks for the thoughts on the name for a blog...i'll consider it.

05 December, 2007 23:14  

Post a Comment

<< Home