Sunday, March 06, 2005

pleasures

my parents just got back from down south. they were at the Shepherd's Conference that my dad attended. They saw a book there and figured I'd like it. It's called "One Thing" by Sam Storms. It's one of those books that you say "Oh, I'll just read the introduction for tonight" and then you end up reading and reading and forget that you hadn't eaten dinner. (Don't worry, I got up and had a banana and a cookie...i'm all set.)

Well then I took a break to write this down 'cause I just read the coolest quote ever. Ok, here it is:
Christianity forbids us no pleasures, save those that lead to temporal misery and eternal woe.
So true

Cool. You'll probably hear more about this book in the future. I'm gonna get back to reading it. bfn.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home