Friday, January 13, 2006

in time of need

God, give me eternal eyes.
That I may see through these momentary light afflictions which come into my life.
To see Your hand as the potter's, shaping and breaking and forming me
into a vessel which will be sanctified and set apart for Your use.

Cause me to be far-sighted.
That I might not walk with my eyes at my feet seeing only what is directly in front of me. But that my citizenship, my sense of belonging, my focus would be in Heaven, that my eyes may be fixed on the prize for which you have called me Heavenward because of and through Christ Jesus.

Give me focus.
That my eyes would be fixed on Him. He is the author, He is the perfecter of my faith, of my walk. You began a good work in me, You will complete it.

I see hard times, I see mistakes, I see insufficiency. You see trials that will bring strength. You see, through Christ, a purified me. You see an opportunity to display Your strength and sufficiency through me as I move out of the way. Help me to see what You see.

Give me eyes of eternity.

"Therefore let us draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need." ~Hebrews 4:16

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMEN BROTHER!!!!!!

13 January, 2006 15:57  

Post a Comment

<< Home